A manufacturing organization that provides complete design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly operations for injection-molded interior and trim components, exterior handles and underhood components located in Kentwood was experiencing huge growth and along with growth came challenges. Their growth was a result of absorbing another internal plant's manufacturing business due to consolidation efforts. The organization began experiencing high turnover within their temporary and permanent workforce, 39% annual average in 2010 / 2011. Employees complaints began to increase and varied from lack of training to overall company disorganization.
- Performed wage analysis and shared and discussed detailed results
- Three-tiered hourly wage increase upon permanent hire-in based on performance
- Human Resource staffing strategy to employ 10% of their workforce through Staffing Inc.
- Collected exit interviews to aid in implementing training program
- Partnered on hiring several key direct hire technical positions
- Active employee relation management system
- Turnover reduced by 36%, lowering the average turnover rate to 25%, still continues to decrease
- Employee morale has dramatically improved
- 100% beneficial partnership, partners since 2006
- Annual savings of $84,300.16