Casework CAD/Drafter - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Zeeland, MI
Compensation: Hourly at $15.00-$25.00/hr
If you have commercial casework/millwork manufacturing experience and have limited exposure to CAD concepts or CNC manufacturing, this is a great opportunity to expand your career into design.
A Dental casework manufacturer is seeking an individual for the position of “Millwork/Casework CAD/Drafter”. This individual will be responsible for the design of both standard and custom dental casework products. The position requires an in depth knowledge of commercial casework/millwork manufacturing process and the ability to learn AutoCAD and Microvellum software.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
• Create 3D engineering designs in Microvellum, by utilizing or modifying existing CAD modules, based off from quotation drawings
• Utilize Microvellum software to create program instructions for CNC Router and Boring Machines
• Coordinate acquisition of materials with the Order Fulfillment Manager & Purchasing Manager as needed.
• Work independently and complete work in efficient manner to support production goals.
• Read and understand drawings and blueprints for components and sub-assemblies.
• Communicate effectively with other Production and office staff to support manufacturing and design issues
• The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of modern wood panel processing equipment and machinery, including nested base CNC routers, point to point CNC routers, automatic edge banders, CNC horizontal boring machines & CNC beam saws.
• Would be willing to train a candidate who has woodworking/casework experience, especially those with CNC experience and limited CAD exposure
• AutoCAD and CAM software experience is a plus.
• Microvellum experience (can train the right candidate)
• Experience with commercial casework/millwork preferred. (residential cabinet experience will also be considered)
• Experience with commercial casework materials: i.e.: Melamine board, high pressure laminate, solid surface countertop materials similar to Corian, or Cambria quartz
• Complete understanding of commercial casework production processes.
• 401K with company match
• Health Insurance
• Vacation plan
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 06/27/2016
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 230348