Design Engineer - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Comstock Park, MI
Compensation: Yearly at $15.00-$25.00
Summary<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
This position is responsible for providing manufacturing support to all departments within the company. The primary focus is creating and maintaining engineering data used to fabricate product.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Applicants break down information obtained from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings, and instructions furnished by others and convert the information into detailed drawings with dimensions.
- Applicants have responsibility for coordinating with others to determine whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances.
- Generates detailed mechanical drawings, solid models, bill of materials, jigs & fixtures as needed.
- Creates comprehensive part routing detail within shop management system for part release to production floor.
- Identify possible quality issues and suggest the corrective action needed.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate job activities.
- Performs all job functions to meet acceptable quality and performance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Comprehensive understanding of drafting practices and blue print reading
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Solidworks, including Sheet Metal
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or equivalent 2D CAD program
- General understanding of manufacturing processes
- Programming experience in CNC routing and laser cutting a plus
- Plastic fabrication or thermoforming experience a plus
- Individual time management skills
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, customers, and vendors
- Commensurate with education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Solidworks: 2 years
- Manufacturing: 3 years
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 03/16/2017
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 231518