Design Engineer - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Holland, MI
Compensation: Yearly at $40000.00-$60000.00
1st shift 7:00am - 3:00pm
Individual works under the direction of Level II design engineers or engineering managers designing and documenting new products and product line enhancements and material. Works with manufacturing to determine the best manufacturing process for existing and new products. Works with quality personnel to insure that all quality aspects of product design and manufacturing are met by applying engineering principals under supervision of a Level II design engineer or engineering manager.
1. Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
2. Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
3. Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
4. Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
5. Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
1. Performs in depth investigation into materials, processes and products, as assigned by Level II Engineers or Engineering Managers.
2. Utilizes sound engineering principles to design new products or modify existing ones from information provided by: customer request/feedback, sales/sales engineers, manufacturing personnel or Fogg service team under supervision of Level II Engineers or Engineering Managers.
3. Works with manufacturing to determine the best design to minimize labor and overhead costs.
4. Works with other Level II Engineers to review form, fit and function of product designs by utilizing SolidWorks.
5. Develops engineering detail and assembly documentation to support tooling quotations, manufacturing and manufacturing preparation under supervision of Level II Engineers or Engineering Managers.
6. Requests prototypes from outside suppliers, or manufacturing, to be used for engineering performance, concept evaluation and reliability testing.
7. Assembles prototype product using power and hand tools. Lifts/moves parts weighing up to 40 pounds during engineering evaluations to determine form, fit and function.
8. Initiates and coordinates development programs which will increase cost efficiency resulting in smoother workflow for manufacturing. Including testing and analysis of materials, processes and prototypes.
9. Analyzes competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance and packaging.
10. Contacts and when necessary visits customers, suppliers, and agencies to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selections, or manufacturing processes.
11. May be asked to travel and provide engineering field support for customer base and/or our dealer/agents, maintaining optimum quality customer service, as required.
12. Support FOGG customers and Sales Department on project control specifications. Answer engineering customer service telephone calls.
13. Maintain a professional appearance at all times representing company in a professional and courteous manner.
14. When QC Department requires additional assistance due to production demands, you will be required to help in that department.
A. Internal Contacts - Sales Department, Purchasing Department, manufacturing and all employees.
B. External Contacts - Moderate contact with suppliers and vendors serving company. Occasional contact with agencies, customers, and dealer/agents.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering discipline or equivalent, preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong math skills.
- Some engineering experience preferred, packaging industry preferred.
- Experience may include machine design, tooling, controls or field maintenance.
- Valid Passport- preferred.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have PC/Computer skills, which include knowledge of word processing, data analysis and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 10/14/2016
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 230904