Maintenance Technician - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Compensation: Hourly at $18.00-$22.00/hr
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To perform routine preventative maintenance and diagnose and make simple repairs on technical production and facilities support equipment.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all GMP and SOP’s as defined by company policies, practices and procedures to ensure that FDA and ISO regulations and quality standards are met
- Responds to line calls in a professional, safe, and timely manner
- Maintains and sustain the daily operation of production machines and fixtures with goal of zero downtime.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on manufacturing equipment
- Tests devices and machines to determine performance levels.
- Documents results of testing and/or trouble shooting.
- Identifies the root cause of manufacturing equipment problems and implement corrective action
- Identifies and improve safety issues within the production areas.
- Dismantles, repairs or replaces devices using hand tools and power tools
- Consults, collaborates and offers follow up with other maintenance techs, engineering and manufacturing employees to identify and resolve all maintenance issues in a timely manner
- Communicates and collaborates with eternal vendors.
- Maintains 5S environment in work area(s) and maintenance shop
- Follows required lock out/tag out procedures and all other safety requirements
- Prepares and sets up equipment when required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED, Advance technical training or certification is preferred
- Hands-on technical experience working in maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Medical Devices or other related industry preferred
- Basic electrical trouble shooting
- Basic pneumatic circuit trouble shooting
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, including dimensions, tolerances and schematics
- Understanding of electrical motors, servo motors and PLC controls
- Understanding of machining, milling, and lathe equipment
- Experience with MIOSHA standards
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 08/07/2017
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 232065