Manufacturing Project Engineer - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Holland, MI
Compensation: Yearly at $60000.00-$80000.00
The Manufacturing Project Engineer is responsible for new equipment design and implementation as well as existing machine upgrades/retrofits/improvements, utilizing all company resources to achieve the manufacturing requirements. This position will be responsible for determining appropriate manufacturing processes for new customer programs and establishing operating parameters to achieve high-volume production. The Manufacturing Project Engineer’s responsibilities impact the organizations ability to meet its objectives especially regarding on- time delivery and quality.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research, design and implement new production equipment. Verify what improvements, changes and upgrades are required to all new equipment, design and implement solutions as needed.
2. Design and implement mechanical equipment for new automation processes. Work with electrical and controls engineers to launch complete project into production.
3. Design and manage large equipment repairs, retrofits and upgrades of existing equipment. Develop and maintain schedules as well as manage all outside vendors and suppliers required to complete projects.
4. Develop maintenance plans for new and existing mechanical equipment. Create critical components and key vendors lists.
5. Develop and implement continuous improvement projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
6. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Training
BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
Experience and Skills
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar engineering setting is desired. Project Management experience. Strong knowledge of solid modeling software, Solidworks preferred. Excellent prioritization and project development skills.
Work environment involves low risks or discomforts which would require special safety precautions. Normal safety precautions and protective safety equipment (i.e. safety glasses and hearing protection) required when present in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required for an incumbent to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 04/07/2017
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 231654