Operator II - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Compensation: Hourly at $10.75/hr
A Grand Rapids company is looking for an Operator II on 1st and 2nd shifts. This company manufactures and supplies the world's premier food companies with value-added, innovative butter products.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Operator II is responsible to participate with a team assembly line and a self-managed work team. The Operator II is responsible with the rest of the team to insure the line is meeting production rates, avoid product variances, ensure a safe quality product is produced, and work safely at all times. The Operator II will also start production line, sanitize equipment, troubleshoot for team members and pack product.
JOB FUNCTION HIGHLIGHTS:
• Full understanding of Flavor Room operations with focus on mixing
• Maintain raw materials/production materials to make certain products are stocked for production needs
• Assist the team in getting product finished
• Record temperature, weights, etc. and make mechanical adjustments to equipment as needed to maintain product quality
• Ability to understand machine start up settings. Observe machine operating functions to ensure that machine is operating correctly and troubleshoot when machines are down
• Comply/verify accuracy of each finished case and skid labels
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-2 years steady technical machine operator experience in manufacturing production required
• National Career Readiness Certificate preferred – Silver WorkKeys required for advancement to Technician
• 2 years Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing experience is preferred
• Ability to work manufacturing machinery is required
$10.75 +shift differential
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 10/19/2016
- Phone: (616) 451-0511
Job Number: 228644