Toolmaker - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Holland, MI
Compensation: Hourly at $24.00-$28.00/hr
The Toolmaker is responsible for meeting production requirements as established by management. The Toolmaker is responsible to setup and maintain all jobs assigned to him by the Production Manager. The Toolmaker is also responsible for the quality of production parts as well as maintaining production tooling. The Toolmaker’s responsibilities impact the organization’s ability to meet its objectives, especially regarding on-time delivery and quality of products shipped to the customer.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Setup presses efficiently.
2. Maintain jobs while they are running.
3. Check quality of parts daily.
4. Maintain tooling (spares).
5. Keep tooling books updated.
6. Express new ideas for tooling to Engineering.
7. Follow all company policies and procedures.
8. Maintain presses when needed.
9. Keep areas clean (good housekeeping).
10. Adjust tool for non-conformance as expressed by Quality.
11. Inform manager or supervisor of trouble areas.
12. Achieve best production possible every day.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Education and Training
A high school diploma is a minimum. Training through an accredited tool and die apprenticeship program is encouraged. Advanced technical training in a similar manufacturing curriculum is desired. Training in a similar production process or similar industry is necessary.
Experience and Skills
The Toolmaker shall have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar) position in a similar manufacturing setting. The ability to build tooling, set tooling in presses, and produce equipment is necessary. In addition, the ability to troubleshoot tooling problems as well as develop new tooling and production parts is necessary.
Work environment involves low risks or discomforts which would require special safety precautions. Normal safety precautions and protective safety equipment (i.e. safety glasses and hearing protection) required when present in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required for an incumbent to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 04/07/2017
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 231655