Weld Technician - Staffing, Inc.
Location: Byron Center, MI
Compensation: Hourly at $20.00/hr
SUMMARY<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The Weld Technician is responsible for all programming, touch up, training, fixture evaluation, and process quality of the Robotic Weld cells.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Create weld programs for new and improved products and fixtures on the robotic weld cells.
· Ensure cycle times meet costed targets
· Ensure quality of the parts coming off robotic weld cells meet our quality standards
· Train operators on proper operation and upkeep of the robotic weld cells
· Work with Tooling Designers and Tool Techs to ensure tooling and fixtures are maintained and meet the expectations required to meet quality and production demands
· Complete preventive maintenance on the Robotic Weld Cells
· Participate in product design and tooling improvement activities
· Ability to program and operate the BLM and the steel Laser cutter
· Assists in troubleshooting manufacturing process problems and implementing root cause/corrective action to these issues.
· Participates with continuous improvement events to focus on specific problems and work as teams to implement solutions.
· Works safely and follows all safety rules and regulations.
· Keeps area neat, clean and organized according to company standards.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Blueprint reading experience required. Robotic welder programming experience. Mig/Tig welding experience, general machine tools (mills, lathes, surface grinders, etc) experience is desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies, procedures and complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to inquiries. Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers and coworkers verbally and through written communications. Ability to speak both English and Spanish is desired
Ability to use and apply basic mathematical functions to solve problems and analyze data. Ability to develop and interpret graphs and charts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Sitting or standing as needed
· Frequent walking, occasional bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling and twisting.
· Frequent reaching above or below shoulder height.
· Frequent lifting up to 25 pounds, occasional lifting 50-100 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
· Frequent grasping, pushing pulling, fine manipulation, repetitive hand movements
· Occasional keyboarding
· Extended work hours may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The performance of this position requires constant exposure to the manufacturing areas where the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection is mandatory. Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts. Frequent exposure to high noise levels. Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes or airborne particles.
Frequently requires attention to details and concentration on figures. May involve interruption by distracting influences and pressure related to deadlines and scheduling requirements.
Flexibility to provide back up to other positions during peak production times required.
- Start as Soon as Possible
- Start Date: 05/08/2017
- Phone: (616) 451-8955
Job Number: 231782